Sports postcard - Chicago White Sox, 1906 - FF0012
Illinois Sport Postcard for the Chicago White Sox team
- mailed 1906 with a nice Chi and N Clark St RPO Chi, IL cancel - dated Oct 23, 1906 (TR 14?) - has a 2 at the lower part of the circular cancel
- shows a Halloween type card (full moon with a face, black cat and the town in the background). There is a large WHITE SOX hanging like a banner/flag with the year 1906 on it and some other smaller white sock flags hanging from other houses. The stars must have been in agreement, in that there is a star formation of a sock in the night sky. The word SOX is on a dark flag. The black cat is arched and 1907? in its shadow, as if to say 1907 championship is in question but the large 1906 sox flag is because they won the Baseball World Series in 6 games that year.
- The 1906 Series was played with the Chicago Cubs and the White Sox won the Series on Oct 14th.......only 9 days before this card was actually mailed out.
- Artist signed E M Hamer
- publisher is V O Hammon with a copyright of 1906
- Note: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR SOX??
- This is a unique Baseball Championship postcard from just about 114 years ago!!
- Only a small jam/crease to the upper left corner
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Again, because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product