Ship, Boat or Steamer Postcard - LAFAYETTE remains - Pittsburg Steamship Co - F1
Postcards of Barges, Boats, Cargo Ships, Cruisers, Ferries, Fishing Ships, Frigates, Luxury Liners, Sailboats, Ships, Steamers, Submarines, Tankers, Tourist Vessels, Tug Boats etc
- mailed 1906
- Titled: The remains of the Pittsburg Steamship Cos 470 foot Steel Steamer LAFAYETTE entering Duluth-Superior Harbor August 31, 1906. Only the after 150 feet of the boat containing the machinery was saved. The boat went on Encampment Island in the great storm of November 28, 1905.
- What is unique about this disaster or shipwreck type postcards was that it was mailed September 10, 1906 (10 days after the shot was taken, according to the write-up).
- Ames-Huntley Co / 215 W First St / Duluth / No 205, if you save this publishers postcards.
- tiny tear to the right of center on top edge
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product