New York Postcard
- mailed from Lowville, NY in 1907 to Mr Geo N Stofle of West Martinsburg, NY
- this card is a bit longer than an average vintage postcard being 3.5" x 7" (almost like a panorama)
- View is on the front of the building with about 42 men mostly dressed in suit and ties posing for the shot. This shows the members of this organization.
- The independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) is a non political and non sectarian international fraternal order of Odd Fellowship.
- There is a large interlocking 3 link chain above the covered area along with a smaller one over the door.
- I can't imagine that there are many - if any other copies of this postcard.
- My research found that this building was called the John G Post House and that it was transferred to Eugene N Hayes and others to become the IOOF lodge, No 243 from Dec 1903 to Nov 1945.
- Now there are creases and tears to the postcard as you will see in the pixs but it is about 113 years old!! Sold AS IS
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
Again, because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.