KATHYS POSTCARD EMPORIUM
MA, Brockton - Perkins Park - Fletcher Webster monument closeup RPPC - T00265
MASSACHUSETTS postcard - Brockton, MA
- mailed 1908 from Brockton with MONTELLO STA in the circular cancel
- Real Photo Postcard shows a clear close up of the Soldiers and Sailors monument with an inset picture of Fletcher Webster in his civil war uniform.
- titled: Soldiers and Sailors monument on Perkins Park presented to the city of Brockton by the Fletcher Webster Post Womans Relief Corps. Post No 13, G A R
- on the monument itself it has: Erected in the Memory of the Soldiers and Sailors from North Bridgewater - Brave defenders of the Union. 1861-1865. On the face are swords, bugle, canon along with what is probably a full sized statue of the military man himself in full army uniform and holding his rifle. There are some wooden structures behind the fence.
- Photo by D T Burrell (I believe it to be David T Burrell) who was from the area. Also has Copyright Applied For in the lower left part of the photo itself
- the card was mailed to Sweden
- at the bottom of the note there is a line in a foreign language and some numbers (code?).
Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product