Kansas postcard - Hays, KS
- old Real Photo postcard titled Chautauqua - Hays, Kans showing ladies and gentlemen walking about, some of which have open umbrellas with them.
- In the background is a large tent.
- The word Chautauqua was used for any of the various traveling shows and local assemblies that flourished in the US in the late 19th and early 20th century (up until the mid 1920s).
- L C Oakes is the signed photographer. All of his Ss were printed backwards.
- stamp box has AZO with all four corners pointing up.
- There is a crease to the lower right corner - and a tiny tear to the upper right corner area
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Again, because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.