IL, Chicago - GREETINGS from - UNIQUE 1/8 inch thick, opens, multi views - C0870
Illinois postcard - Chicago, IL
- mailed 1906
- to Miss Daisy D Horsh
- face: Greetings from Chicago - United States Government building and Post Office - Pat Applied for
- This is a novelty type postcard in that there are several views inside. It has a metal clasp that once turned opens to reveal several smaller views that are together in an accordian style similar to the SOUVENIR FOLDERS of the later years. Have tried to give you several pics to help you evaluate this rare post card.
- Views inside are titled: City Hall and Court House / Public Library / Masonic Temple / Lincoln Park Boat House / First National Bank Building / View of Stock Yards / Whaleback Steamer COLUMBUS en Route Chicago to Milwaukee / Auditorium and Annex / River Scene / State Street (with Boston store on left) / Field Columbian Museum / Grand Boulevard
- Not torn or damaged which is hard to believe because this item was mailed about 113 years ago!!
- FANTASTIC FIND that would fit into several different types of collections.
Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Again, because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product