CA, San Francisco - Golden Gate Bridge construction -Barrett & Hilp - E17079
California postcard - San Francisco, CA
- not posted
- Construction card
- has a sign for Barrett & Hilp on the top of the cement tower
- had been taped up and it has tape still on the right side and mark on 2 other sides
- back: Spans Golden Gate connecting San Francisco with Marin County and the north. Length of Bridge and approaches about 7 miles. Length of Bridge proper, 8,940 feet. Span between towers 4,200 feet - longest in the world. Main towers 746 feet above water - Highest in the wold. Bridge clearance above water, 220 feet. Width of bridge, 90 feet. Six vehicular traffic lanes, 2 10 feet side walks. Cables 36 1/2 inches in diameter. Wires in each cable, 27,572. Date of completion 1937. Total cost about $35,000,000.
- pub by Pacific Novelty Co
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product