Military Postcard - Civil War, flag, older men in uniform - RPPC - FF0037
Military - Real Photo Postcard or RPPC
- mailed 1909 with a flag cancel from Amsterdam, NY
- It shows a large gathering of old/older men in uniform with metals pinned to their double breasted coats. There is a single man on horseback.
- Could be Civil War Era - possibly the Grand Army Republic or GAR or maybe from the Spanish/American war for all I know.
- The men have different metals on their uniform, but as I am not familiar at all with the different metals, I could't figure out that the stubby rounded cross was. Had thought that they may have been for Metal of Honors, but don't think so from what I could see. If you are aware of whether they were special pins to mark a reunion or something else - let me know and I can update the listing.
- Another thing that might help pin down the event is that there is a flag in the left corner, but you can only see part of the design.
- Please note that the majority of the cards are over 50 years old and as such, are sold AS IS. Tears will be noted but it would be too timely to note each fault on every card. If condition is important to you - contact us with our number in the title & what it is that you would like to know or what it is that you would like pictured more closely.
- Again, because of the age of the cards - they are noted as being USED - no matter if they are written on or not.
Share this Product